Are you an LBTI individual or an ally? If so, please consider donating your valuable time and skills to the cause of Mitini Nepal. MN is working diligently to make civil rights and dignity possible for all Queer people in Nepal. Please browse through this website to find out more about what we have accomplished since 2005.
Connect on Social Media with Volunteer Groups:
Mitini Nepal Young Women Leaders — MNYWL group focuses on Tolerance Education in Schools and Colleges throughout Kathmandu Valley. LBTI identity, Gender, Sexual Orientation, and Acceptance & Celebration of Differences are the major themes.
Social and Advocacy Group for LBTI Community — Social and Advocacy Group is a network of Lesbian, Bisexual women and Transgender individuals in Kathmandu, Jhapa, Dang and Sunsari. The group is formed by Mitini Nepal to create awareness on LGBTI Rights through advocacy campaigns and awareness raising programs, and building coordination with local police and human rights commissioners.
Mitini Nepal Volunteer Group –Kathmandu Chapter
We are looking for general and specialist volunteers
Specialist Volunteers Currently Sought:
- Videographer and Short Film Producer — MN is seeking to make and produce a video “Say No to Violence” in which the traumatic and very real violence that the LBTI community faces is shown and described.
- Performance Art Writer and Director — Street Drama is an engaging method of teaching the public about LBTI realities. By demystifying the non-hetero-normative, MN believes that Nepal will embrace its LBTI society members.
- College Orientation Volunteers — Are you a senior in College or an Adult Educator? MN is seeking representatives who can give demystifying concept orientation to young people who are starting their college educations. The orientation will be regarding LBTI community and individuals and will be given a semi-formal or casual setting.
- Legal Representation —Court cases in the LBTI community are in need of advocates who can capably win cases where discrimination has happened and who understand the realities of Queer Community. If this is you, and you would like to donate your time, please consider joining MN Legal Expert Team.
- Medical and Psychosocial Experts — Mitini Nepal has Medical and Psychosocial resources, but we are always open to experienced and trained volunteers who want to donate their time. To be considered as a professional volunteer, you must have current credentials and a legitimate desire to help LGBTQI Community in Nepal.
Contact Us Directly to Join the Team!